1. Introduction; Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms
O. F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. and its affiliated entities respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your personal information in a transparent and appropriate manner. The terms “we”, “us”, or “Mossberg” each refer to O. F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. and its affiliated entities.
Our Website is intended for a general audience and is not intended to be used or accessed by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information about children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have been provided information about a child under the age of 13, we will delete that personal information from our records. If you are under the age of 16, by using or accessing our Website you agree that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to the use of this Website.
2. Information We Collect and How We Use It
A. When you visit our Website, we use automatic data collection technologies to track certain information. We use this information to administer the Website and analyze its usage in order to deliver the best possible experience to you.
Examples of information we may track for these purposes include:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address.
- The kind of Internet browser you use and the kind of computer or device you use to access the Website.
- The number of links you click within the Website.
- Your geographic location.
- The date and time of your visit to our Website.
- The name of your Internet service provider.
- The web page you linked to our Website from.
- Pages you accessed and content you viewed on the Website.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk when you access our Website. Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your browser and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie. No personal information is stored in cookies.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you purchase a product from us, personalize a web page, or navigate within a website, a cookie helps the website to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases website navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information, as well as providing personalized functionality.
In addition to cookies, we may also use electronic images that are sometimes referred to as pixel tags, web beacons, or single-pixel GIFs. These images allow Mossberg to count users who have visited certain pages and to deliver co-branded services. Mossberg may also include these images in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these images may be placed by third-party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These images may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer or device. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer or device each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our Website and how you use our Website. Mossberg prohibits these images from being used to collect or access your personal information.
Some of your activity on our Website is conducted through Google Analytics. You may review Google Analytics’ privacy policies here: https://support.google.com/analytics#topic=1008008. We may also use other providers for analytical data regarding our Website from time to time. Additionally, Mossberg reserves the right to engage in other activities, such as sharing aggregated site statistics with third-parties or permitting other companies to place cookies through our Website, in order to deliver the best possible experience to you.
C. We also collect personal information you provide to us.
Information you provide to us that we collect includes:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms, questionnaires, or notices on our Website, or contacting us through our Website, sending us emails, or communicating with us directly. This includes information provided when you register for an account, make purchases, request information or services from us, submit service requests, or opt-in and consent to receive communications from us concerning, among other things, news about Mossberg and our products and services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Mossberg, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of correspondence, including e-mail addresses if you contact us.
- Information you provide to us and details of transactions or purchases you engage in through our Website, such as purchases through the Mossberg Store, and the fulfillment of your orders. When you make a purchase, we will request some information, including personal information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, as well as financial and/or credit card information, which may be forwarded to your credit card provider or a third-party processor. We may also ask you to provide personal information to provide you support regarding our products or services.
- Information you provide when you submit a search query on our Website.
Please note, we are not responsible for maintaining or ensuring the accuracy or completeness of your information, including your personal information. It is your responsibility to update your personal information and to ensure it is complete and accurate. You can inform us of changes or inaccuracies to your personal information by emailing us at [email protected]
3. Why We Use Personal Information
We collect information based upon the performance of our services at your request, such as the fulfillment of purchases or service requests you have made, our legitimate interests, and your consent, where applicable.
Generally speaking, we limit the use of your personal information by third-party vendors. However, we use certain third-party vendors to enhance and maintain the high quality of your experience with us and on our Website. For example, we may provide your personal information to third-party vendors to fulfill purchases, process credit cards, or engage in email communications, among other things. We will only share your personal information when it is necessary, such as when it is necessary to fulfill orders, or when you have provided consent. Your personal information will only be used by the vendors performing services on behalf of Mossberg.
Additionally, we may share personal information to respond to legal processes, cooperate with law enforcement, or otherwise comply with applicable laws.
5. Your Choices
We want you to understand how your personal information is being used and to, where possible, control how your personal information is used by Mossberg, within the scope of the applicable laws and regulations. You can control your information in the following ways:
- You can review, update, or change certain personal information you have provided to us by accessing your account through the Website;
- You may review and adjust your communication and data preferences by accessing our Privacy Center or contacting us at [email protected], e.g., you can opt-out and unsubscribe from our email list, in which case you will no longer receive emails from us regarding new products, news about Mossberg, and other items of interest;
- You may request additional information about whether we store or process any of your personal data; and
- California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents to obtain certain information from us regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties where the disclosure is for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at [email protected]
Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. Where we process your personal information based on a legitimate interest, you may object at any time to that use of your personal information.
Please note, regardless of whether you opt-out or unsubscribe from communications, or withdraw consent regarding direct marketing, we may continue to contact you concerning other matters where we have a lawful or legitimate basis to do.
Please note that our policy is to retain certain data under specific circumstances for a period time pursuant to our retention polices, e.g., where you make a service request or make a purchase. However, as noted above, via the Privacy Center, you can request that we remove data you have provided to us by consent, e.g., upon request, we will delete your email address so that you will no longer receive marketing communications from us, such as communications about new Mossberg products. You may continue to receive emails from us, however, where it is necessary for us to do so in order to fulfill other obligations, or where we have a lawful or legitimate basis to do so, e.g., service requests or order fulfilment.
6. Data Security & Storage
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information is safeguarded in a commercially reasonable manner to prevent the accidental or unlawful destruction, theft, misuse, loss, or alteration of your personal information and the unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal information. We cannot, however, guarantee that our safeguards are impenetrable.
We work also with our third-party vendors to ensure that those vendors also implement commercially reasonable measures to safeguard and protect your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your personal information is stored and processed in the United States and is not transferred outside of the United States. We retain your personal information for a period of time that is consistent with our retention policies, as revised from time to time, and which are designed to, among other things, ensure we are able to provide our products and services to you and conduct our business, ensure you can continue to use the Website, allow you to receive communications from us as necessary or requested, allow us to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and allow us to resolve disputes with any parties.
7. Third-Party Content, Links
8. Changes to this Policy
9. How to Contact Us
O. F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
7 Grasso Avenue, P. O. Box 497
North Haven, CT 06473